Cognero Forum Cognero Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cognero Assignment Notification by Email

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Cognero Feedback] >> Suggest Enhancements >> Cognero Assignment Notification by Email Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cognero Assignment Notification by Email - 11/25/2009 1:30:49 AM   
rmeurant

I notice that when students are sent a Cognero Assignment Notification as an email, if they click on the embedded link it takes them directly into the Test with the Timer started.

I don't think this is a good idea - it is too direct. In particular, Second Language students such as my Korean EFL students who are learning English, are likely to try the link just to see where it leads, but not all will be prepared to start the Test there and then.

I suggest a better solution would be for the embedded link in the Cognero Assignment Notification email to lead to an intermediary page with a dialogue box asking something like "Do you wish to start the Test now?" with "Yes, I wish to do the test now" and "No, I will do it later" options.

Then if they inadvertently link on the link, they can escape, and return when they are properly prepared and have the time to do the Test.

Other than that minor quibble, I am mightily impressed with Cognero.

Kind regards, and best wishes for its success.

Dr Robert C. Meurant
Sejong University, Seoul.
Post #: 1
RE: Cognero Assignment Notification by Email - 4/5/2011 3:42:46 PM   
pmclarke

This change has been implemented.

(in reply to rmeurant)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Cognero Feedback] >> Suggest Enhancements >> Cognero Assignment Notification by Email Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Madeira Station LLC © 2010